Friday, December 16, 2011

Today

Did I do anything exciting? How was my beach? Did I cross the bridge to the other side? Did I meet a tall, dark, handsome, stranger who swept me off my feet?

Answer: No, to all of the above.

The morning started out quite cloudy and I decided that I would not make this the day to first set eyes on my beach. I want to get to the end of the path and be blown away with the crystal clear water and sunny blue sky. Not today.

I am not a chicken, so I did not cross the bridge just to get to the other side and I had no good reason for wanting to go over. So, not today.

Tall, dark, handsome strangers just do not walk into your life no matter how much you believe in miracles. So, not today.

So, what did I do all day. Not much at all. I must continually tidy up because the space is so small. I made sandwiches from my leftover snapper just the way you would with tuna, but this was so much tastier. This evening I finished my bottle of Don Q. Erin stopped by for a short visit. Lorraine stopped in, along with her two adorable dogs. She is a friend of Erin's and she checked out this location for me before I committed to rent (Erin was in Portugal at the time) and finally we met. Annie was in a couple of times today. I am happy to say that she is feeling somewhat better and is getting over her virus. She told me of some plans for us next week and especially on Christmas eve. However, everything here is on island time and I am not counting on anything.

Why did I do nothing? Because I can. That is the luxury one has when there is so much time left to explore.

Let's see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment