Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Food

Yesterday, Erin and I had a pasta Alfredo dish with a tomato and onion salad for our late dinner. Today, for dinner I pan fried some delicious Red Snapper and once again had a tomato and onion salad. I have enough snapper left over to make snapper salad sandwiches tomorrow. I only wish I could find green onions and celery. Oh well, perhaps a glass of wine could be substituted!

There is no supermarket here. No Zehrs, Sobeys, Food Basics etc. It is a buy what you can find in a small shop and come up with something delicious. On Fridays, the fruit and veggie man comes over on the ferry and sets up a table. I think I will go there and see what is on hand this week.

I just found out that there is a lime tree on the property and will get some tomorrow. Hmmmm Mojito's? No, perhaps I'll use the lemons I have left over along with the limes to make a refreshing alcohol free drink. Me thinks that is the wisest course of action. Any votes?

Oh, I must say that the eggs are so fresh. I bought them at Milka's Supermarket (photo to come another day) and not direct from someone, but they are indeed the tastiest, freshest eggs I have ever had anywhere.

There are several places where I can apparently buy fresh homemade bread, but haven't yet ventured out that far. Shockingly, I did buy a loaf of commercial sliced bread. But you know what? It too tastes delicious.

I guess everything just tastes better when the sun is shining, the sky is blue, and it is hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment