Saturday, December 17, 2011

Island Telegraph, Jungle Grapevine, Drums or...

Things have changed, that's for sure.

As you all know, this island is small enough that the spoken word could travel at the speed of light, but no. It is almost 2012 and Culebra embraces technology. There is a woman who forwards email to a mailing list. I thought I would give you a sample of some news from the last few days. Remember, I thought the ferry was cancelled both Thursday and Friday - no the Friday ferry came and

1. Luis is there now with fruits and vegetables. Pass it on.

Annie picked up a huge papaya for me.




This woman makes bread for pick up on Fridays. She usually sits outside under an umbrella to shade her from the sun, but...


2. Hopefully a few will see this, thanks Pam!

Bread people!

It's raining, so I'm inside WITH your bread. Just beep and I'll bring it out, thanks!



3. Do you know of any knitters on the island? I need help with a sweater.
Thanks,


This system works. I know. I sent a request for a place to rent on this very mailing list and this is why I am where I am today.















No comments:

Post a Comment