Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Dinghy Dock






This is a restaurant/cafe/bar that is very popular and just a few steps to the right of the bridge. People bring their small crafts and tie up right there and jump off into the bar. What is really amazing, however, is that there are always many large Tarpon in the water waiting to be fed. So, while I was there today, I got a lesson on feeding the fish. You eat your chicken, pork, or whatever and instead of putting the bones on your plate you toss them over and OMG, ten or maybe twenty large Tarpon are there just waiting to devour the tasty morsels. I spent a few hours here eating lunch and just relaxing to the sound of the water lapping on the dock. I am sure I will become a regular.

This is the canal from the other side of the mangrove 'islands' in front of my place - oh and across the bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment