Saturday, December 31, 2011

Quiet

It is 4 p.m. here and all is quiet. There are few boats on this side of the channel. There is no music in the air. I am told that the younger folk are all down at Flamenco Beach for the afternoon having a pre-new year party.

Some are having a siesta, I am sure, because the party tonight starts about 7pm and goes on until about 4 am.

I am going to eat dinner at Annie's. What time I haven't been told yet, but her relatives from the big island are coming in on the 7 pm ferry, so I suspect it will be shortly after they arrive but who knows, certainly not me.

I am planning to get to the ferry dock area and spend a few hours there. I doubt that I will last until midnight. Perhaps I'll just come home and wish 2011 a fond adieu and raise a glass by myself and toast all my friends. That sounds like a good plan to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment