Monday, December 26, 2011

Everyday in 'my' hood






Here are shots of Milka's inside. It is interesting that the beer and liquor section is under the sign for cookies. In addition, on the same shelf one can also see mayo, peanut butter, and bread. Look at the great wine rack. They have a good selection too because there are some serious wine drinkers here.

On my few yards walk to Milka's today, I met a young iguana out for lunch, a rooster or two and some hens. Some behind Annie's car and some coming up to the dog who welcomes all to the marine hardware store. The hardware store is where I stop for a break, if it is too hot and also to have a chat with Lourdes (remember the limes). I asked her who the roosters and hens belonged to and she told me that they were free, belonged to no one !!!!!! You will also see two loose horses grazing up on the hill behind the library.

Then a few minutes after getting home two lovely young local fellows were out for a ride on their horses When I asked if I could take a photo from my balcony they were happy to oblige.

I like life on this side of the bridge. My 'yard' and surroundings have some of the finest views - boats, giant iguanas, horses, roosters and hens, and the rare human being.

1 comment:

  1. Sooooooooooo love the~ Everyday in "my" hood title! Gotta LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete