Sunday, January 8, 2012

Really teed off

I had a grand o_ertunity to go to Tamarindo today, but declined. Why? Because I knew that it would be too stressful to be on that beach and not go in the sea.

Why wouldn't I go in? Because my legs are so scratched and raw that I am afraid of the sea water and infection. No, No, you say. Salt water is good. Yes, that is true, but a few years ago I was hiking in Carriacou and scra_ed my knee on the _ath. The _aths are made of coral. Within hours I went to the sea to bathe my leg in the salt water thinking I was doing the right thing. Within 24 hrs my leg was so swollen that a day later I (yes, me) went to the local doctor. Dr. Ram had me on 10 antibiotics a day (a few different ones) and said that if there was no im_rovement within three days I would need to fly to a hos_ital in order to save my leg from am_utation. I told him that I had gone to bathe in seawater because I thought that this was a good thing and he told me never to do that. Salt water is good, but the seas nowadays are too _olluted for that and it contributed to this massive infection. Fortunately, I lived through it and still have both legs, but it took almost a month for the infection and swelling to subside.

So, I am taking no chances this time. When my raw, scratched bites are healed I will be delighted to be able to _lay in the sea. I dream of floating in the sea because that is what I love. If I continue with the _olicies I have initiated, I think I will be ready in about three days.

Thank God I am not here for just a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment