Sunday, January 1, 2012

I received a New Year greeting from B&D along with a request for this photo


This post is dedicated to Bonnie and Don who both have a serious issue with toilets. For some reason they insist on western style toilets and in addition the toilet must be fitted with a seat! You could never imagine how distraught they were last month while on a day trip from Varadero to Havana. They had a hotel for a few hours (no, not that kind of hotel stop???) to freshen up before the Tropicana show. Well, they had a toilet, but it had no seat and they are still joking (traumatized) about it.

They know that some of the places I travel to have considerably different toilet designs.
My dear friends have told me, in no uncertain terms, that they wouldn't travel with me and will stick to nice resorts.

Now all the places I have ever rented have had B&D approved toilets, with the exception of the one the locals built for me on the beach in what will remain an unnamed island. No, that is incorrect it did have a seat. Sorry, my error.

So, here is the photo you requested of the toilet in my current place. It not only has a seat, but it flushes,too.


1 comment: