Monday, January 23, 2012

Fish for the New Year


I just got home from an unex-ected dinner invitation from Annie and Tommy.

Tommy did steamed whole fish. I was so amazed because being Chinese New Year it was so fitting. To the Chinese the fish symbolizes abundance. It is always a whole fish that is -lated. My friend Li Juan always had a whole steamed fish on the table whenever I ate there. And, tonight each of us had a whole steamed fish. I took the o--ortunity to tell them about this Chinese custom and they were thrilled to hear about it because they knew how much this meant to me. Wow, how lucky I am. A Canadian gal with an ado-ted Chinese family on vacation in Culebra celebrating Chinese New Year. I am with my Chinese friends and ado-ted family in s-irit.

I truly wish that my and your Chinese New Year is filled with abundance - abundance of friends, love, health, and enough wealth.

1 comment:

  1. Great Chinese new year! Perfect timing for a yummy fish dish! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete