Saturday, January 7, 2012

A new day

I s_ent this afternoon down at the main area by the ferry dock. I walked there, but made sure I had my sun hat on. My intention was to go to _an Deli to buy bread, but they were closed. Then I decided to go to Heather's for some Italian food - closed until 5 o'clock. I already knew that Dinghy Dock was closed in the afternoons. I then decided it was useless to try anywhere else as I assumed they were all taking siestas.

I ended u_ at Tommy's _lace and had a cold bottle of water and a fish snack followed by two huge _ina Colada's. I met a nice young fellow from Syracuse, N.Y. and also two young girls from Finland who are now my neighbours for a cou_le of days.

As you can see the letter _ is still not working. The "clouds" on the screen are still there, but the com_uter is still working.

Oh yes, on the way home I sto__ed at Milka's and bought a tube of Cortizone 10. You all know how much I really don't like to use any chemical/drug _roduct, but my itching has sto__ed and I am thankful to a drug com_any. I was also able to buy a loaf of bread today - yeah sliced white. For this I am grateful because every time I went there for the last week there was no bread at all.



I am now going to slee_ with the door closed at night and the a/c on. It will sto_ any critters from coming in to feast on me. It will be cooler. It might hel_ dry out the MacBook screen. And, I can have the light on after dark.

I had seen on the Culebra forum that many _eo_le had been unable to fill the tanks of their rental jee_s before turning them in and the com_any guessed at the amount and acce_ted cash in lieu.

It was interesting to witness the line u_ for gas. There is only one gas station with one _um_ on the island. (There is another gas station right by me, but closed). This station often runs out of gas and then it is just disaster, but even with gas the line u_ was so long that it took about four hours to get to the front of the line.

You may be asking yourself why the second station is closed. I have been told that the mayor owns the working station and he doesn't see any need for the second one to have _ermits to reo_en.


That's the kind of day it's been, Lloyd!





No comments:

Post a Comment