Monday, January 9, 2012

Mamacita's

First, he gets her tail.
Thank you Amanda. I love lettuce.
A long time.







For lunch today I thought I would go across the bridge and two buildings down to Mamacita's. It is just across the canal from me. On Saturday nights I can hear the conga drums (will go one Saturday). I can see the restaurant from my balcony.

I ordered what they call a fish taco, but it is more like a burrito. It was delicious, but so big that I have dinner in the fridge. One taco and a coke cost 17 dollars and change!!! But the entertainment was free.

Because the mangroves grow right u_ to the restaurant there are lots of iguanas and they are not shy. One fellow came to Amanda, the waitress, to be fed lettuce. After his snack he went out on the hustle. He found a lady friend and he _roceeded to "do it" not two feet from me. First he grabbed her tail in his mouth to sto_ her from getting away and then - well the _hotos say the rest. This was not a slam.......thank you m'am. He was at it for quite a while and then it a__eared as if they were taking a little na_, but in the same _osition, so who knows.

Amanda brought out a slice of tomato and _laced it close to them. He let the female u_ and she took the tomato and ate it. Amanda ex_lained that in iguana culture the males let the _regnant females eat first. Was she _regnant? _robably she was because Amanda said that this macho male just couldn't get enough of the ladies.

Who is that fellow with me? I have no idea, but he was nice. He asked if I wanted my _hoto taken and took three (not _osted because they are terrible). Then he said that if I wanted a good shot to have one taken with him. His lady friend took the shot.

1 comment:

  1. You look so good, Gail! He was right, whoever he is! Obviously, life in a warm climate agrees with you, inspite of the insects!

    ReplyDelete