Friday, February 24, 2012

Only in Culebra

This came in the morning island email news and I just had to share. FYI, in Culebra one may not ^ark along a yellow curb.


"Today a large Taxi van came grill to grill with a Culebrense woman's jeep. The taxi that was on the wrong side of the road refused to back up! The woman with three cars behind her refused to pull up on the curb as her "tires are bad" For almost 10 minutes these cars stood nose to nose refusing to yield. Finally a police officer pulled up to make sense of the scene and promptly wrote tickets for all the cars parked across the street from the Post Office!!!!

I originally was told by an officer to park there 6 years ago... The other side of the curb was not yellow so I parked in front of the green house, only to return from the post office to find an officer writing me a ticket. I asked where should I park? and he pointed at the No Estacione sign! I said. "That say's no parking!!!" He said. "Yes but this is Culebra... Everybody knows to park over there."

Good luck! Park out of town I guess!"


1 comment:

  1. I can visualize it myself...nose to nose and neither one will give in....traffic backed up down the road ~ WOW!

    ReplyDelete