Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Job

Well, it's not really a job because if you have a job, you get $$$$, right? Just joking.

Annie needed to go to San Juan and wanted Tommy with her, so they asked me to man the fort here to which I gladly said yes. They were going to take the 6:00 am ferry, but at 1:00 this afternoon they set out on the cargo ferry (their car) along with Rene from Germany who has been my neighbour for several days and Monique and her friend from New York. Tommy will drive them all to San Juan from Farjardo.

My job is to look after things here and rent out the only other unit available (next to me). Oh, and Jerry who is in another unit is charged with making sure the cats that Annie and Tommy have ado^ted have food and water.

Annie and Tommy will be back sometime tomorrow?????

Annie has a contact in Old San Juan who refers guests here. Several hours ago I got a message that there was a fellow (from South America) who was heading my way and not to rent to him because he deals in drugs. OK , got his first name and nationality and he will meet with ME when he arrives. Yeah, right. I am a little intimidated by this, but if I don't see him by 7:00 this evening, he didn't come. Ahhh, sigh, relief!

I am almost a resident here, I guess. Earlier when I went to Milka's I didn't have quite enough money in THAT wallet and the owner extended me credit for the balance!!!!!!

Our new gas station (next door) is now self serve. You go into the mini mart and ^ay u^front then get your gas. Can you believe a mini mart literally ten ste^s from me. Oh my, one could get REALLY lazy here.

Things sure are a changin on my side of the bridge.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Gail,
    I am now up to date on your wonderful travels. One thing I have to object to: you are always apologizing for your photos. DON'T - they are great (maybe not works of art) but they really add a 3rd dimension to your holiday. Well done.

    I am thankful you now have a mosquito net - no more reaction to all the sprays you tried - and hope your final days in the exotic Caribbean are really wonderful. Such great memories. Can;t wait for India.

    ReplyDelete